One of our Clients are looking for Support Workers to work in Northumberland and also the North Tyneside area, ideally on a long term, permanent basis.
To recognise that during your time at work you must always put the person(s)’ wishes and needs first.
Your job is to support the person(s)’ to have an interesting fulfilling life, where the person(s)’ can get to know people who would become their friends, and to support the person to make their own contribution to their local community.
To work to the person(s) agreed plan at all times. This may include support with any aspect of the person(s) individual need, such as personal care support, emotional support, spiritual and cultural support, practical support in running the person(s) own home, social support, social networking support, and working with other key people in the person(s) life such as family, friends and professionals.
Your Responsibilities to the Person(s)
1 Follow the person(s) agreed plan at all times, recognising the person(s) unique abilities, strengths and gifts.
2 Provide support, which is in line with our clients Policies and Procedures at all times.
3 Work safely, by following the agreed methods of working at all times.
4 Keep the person safe from any form of abuse, at all times.
5. Support the person(s) to be healthy, and when necessary support the person(s) to access health advice or support.
6 Provide good personal care support, when this is required by the person(s)
7 Provide good emotional support, offering the person(s) the opportunity to feel confident in you as their enabler, showing the person(s) that you are reliable and trustworthy, and will work with them in the way you have been instructed, at all times.
8 Work with the person to support them to run their own home, providing support with practical day-to-day living skills at the level required by the person(s)
9 Work with the person(s) to support them to become part of their own local community, to use community facilities, make good community connections, and develop friendships and relationships.
Your Responsibility as an Employee
1. You must always work to the person(s) agreed plan. If you have any areas within the Plan, of which you are unsure, or have any concern about, you must bring this to the attention of your Manager immediately
2. You will be required to have a sound knowledge of all policies and procedures and you must always follow these policies and procedures. You will be instructed in the policies and procedures as part of the induction and ongoing training for your job.
3. By following the policies and procedures you will be able to work safely at all times. You will only use specialist equipment such as hoists etc., once you have been instructed and assessed as competent to do so You will only administer medication, once you have been instructed and assessed as competent to do so.
4. You must protect the person from any form of abuse and you will be given initial training, and the two yearly updated training in the Protection of the Vulnerable Adult(Safeguarding). You must report any concern you have about the person(s) safety and care immediately to your Manager.
5. You will work to our clients policy and procedure in the provision of good personal care and offer privacy, dignity and respect as well as appropriate safe personal care every time you provide this for the person(s).
6. You will work professionally providing support which is reliable, open, honest and reassuring to the person(s) you support, so they can rely upon you as their enabler.
7. You will be required to provide any house keeping support including cleaning, cooking, laundry, gardening, shopping, and support in financial management to enable the person(s) to live successfully in their own home.
8. You will be required to support the person(s) to use the full range of local facilities, and to have an active life outside their home. You will be required to find out what is happening in the local community, and support the person(s) to become a part of their community, in a meaningful way.
9. You will be required to work positively with any other professional involved with the person(s) support. You will be required to support the person(s) relationships with their family and friends. If the person does not wish to have these relationships you will respect the person(s) wishes.
10. You will attend all relevant training required for your post, and all relevant meetings in relation to your role.
11. You will be required to work effectively as part of the team, respecting each individual member of staff, developing a professional working relationship with all team members.
12. You will be required to maintain all the appropriate records in relation to your role as instructed within our clients policy and procedures.
13. You will be reliable and work the shift allocated, to ensure the person(s) has the correct support at the correct time.
14. You will be required to fulfil any reasonable request in association with your role, if it is in the best interest of the person(s) you are working for.
15. If you have any area within your role which you feel you need additional support to achieve it well, you must ask for this support, so you can work to the highest standards at all times.
16. You must work within the Confidentiality Policy at all times
Please complete the application form to submit your interest in this position.